Anguri Bagh in the Red fort of Agra is an important structure.
Shah Jehan built Anguri Bagh or the Garden of Grapes in 1637. With Khas Mahal to its east and red sandstone arcades on the other three sides, it was the principal square of the zenana apartments or the living area of the royal ladies. There was a marble paved platform with a fountain in its centre and the garden itself was divided into compartments in intricate geometrical pattern. As the name suggests, this garden was known for harvesting choicest of grapes and flowers throughout the year. It was designed to be a pleasant retreat or the paradise garden for the royal ladies and ensured their complete privacy. Hammams or imperial bathhouses adorned with exquisite wall paintings in royal blue and gold were located to its northeast. The tanks near the Jehangiri Mahal ensured the water supply to the ponds and baths of this garden.