The tomb actually belongs to colonial times and was
built as a mausoleum of Col. John William Hessing's tomb at Agra, who
died here in 1803 by his sons and daughters. However, the architectural
style gives the impression of Mughal style of architecture as the idea
for this magnificen tomb was borrowed from the Taj. The tomb stands on
an 11' 3" high square platform housing an underground chamber
surrounded by a corridor. It has four octagonal platforms attached to
its four corners, while one can ascend to the terrace via twin stairways
on the western side of the platform. The tomb itself is about 28' 6"
high. Each of its side has a massive iwan with two slender square
turrets crowned by graceful pinnacles attached to it. These turrets have
beautiful square chhatri on their top and vertical fluting on them. The
double dome crowning the tomb has an inverted lotus and a kalash finial
on its top. There is a stone cenotaph in the centre of the interior
chamber boasting of inscriptions in English.