According to the Persian inscriptions on this monument,
this mosque was constructed in 1530, when Humayun ascended the throne.
It is situated in the village of Kachhpura on the left bank of River
Yamuna. Though, it has not been mention in texts related to Mughal
period, it one of the earliest monuments of Mughal period corresponding
to the beginning phase of Mughal architecture. The mosque is in ruins
now and only the sanctuary has survived as it is. The mosque has a façade
with five arches and a high iwan conceals the dome on top of the central
nave, which is supported on kite-shaped pendentives and net squinches.
There are double-aisled wings on either side of the central nave. The
brick and mortar building had been plastered originally and one can
still see that its façade was once adorned with glazed tiles.